Monday, August 1, 2011

David Hallberg guesting with Mariinsky in London this week

So ABT's lovely David Hallberg is off to London this week to dance with the Mariinsky, where according to the ROH website he'll be dancing Swan Lake opposite Viktoria Tereshkina and Ekaterina Kondaurova, and Scotch Symphony with Maria Shirinkina.  I really enjoyed Kondaurova a few weeks ago at Lincoln Center - I almost wish she'd been brought in as a guest to ABT instead of Semionova or Osipova.  (Well, if ABT is going to HAVE to have guests at all....which is another matter entirely).  I'm a little jealous of the London audience right now - if you have the luck to see any of these pairings definitely let me know what you think!


Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I did! I saw them (Hallberg & Kondaurova) last last night in Mariinsky's production of Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House and they were amazing. Ekaterina was an exceptional swan-elegant, regal yet fragile. Every movement was in tune with the orchestra - it was truly melodic. A few stumbles here & there - but that added to the performance - it was great to see that she was indeed human. Carlos Acosta and Ivan Vasiliev are probably the most popular of male principals, I had never heard of David until last night and what an introduction. His lines, leaps and pas de deuxs with Ekaterina were magical...every one in the auditorium was entranced. It was a great night of and for ballet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that! David is a lovely dancer. I hope someday you also get to see ABTs marvelous Marcelo Gomes....saying he's an incredibly masculine yet graceful dancer doesn't begin to describe the experience!

    ReplyDelete