Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Need your advice on what to see in the world of dance!

So Blogger tells me that I've got some readers checking out this blog from all over the globe - how exciting!  Since that's the case, who better than you to help me navigate the world of touring dance companies, right?  So, readers out there - for which companies, small and large, contemporary or classical, or otherwise (and which dancers) should I be on the lookout if they make their way to the eastern portion of the US? 

Recently I fell in love with Aspen/Santa Fe Ballet during their week at the Joyce Theater...but there are so many companies that come through here it can be hard from the descriptions to know what's worth seeing (for example, I did not really care for MOMIX and that got the most hype). 

So....suggestions?

Thanks!
Merci! Tak! Danke! Ευχαριστώ! Köszi! Grazie! ありがとう! Obrigado! 谢谢! Mersi! Takk! Спасибо! Gracias! Tack! 당신을 감사하십시오! Dank u! 
(Sorry for any spelling errors!  And if I missed your language and you're visiting, tell me how to say thanks, so I'll know for next time!)

1 comment: